Embakasi East MP Babu Owino on Sunday, November 17, reached out to Inspector General of Police Hillary Mutyambai after an assassination attempt on his life left him shaken.
The car followed him to Ngong Road and at some point tried to block him but he luckily was able to speed off.
Owino added that he was driving by himself revealing that he was not able to see the faces of any of his assailants.
"Over the past couple of months, I have been on the receiving end of hateful abuse and indeed threats against my life for my outspoken brand of politics.
"I am known for speaking out in defense of ordinary people without fear or favor. This seems to be rubbing some people in high places the wrong way. Regardless, I have done my duty to the people fearlessly and will continue to do so until the Lord calls me home," posted the MP on his social media platforms.
He also disclosed that he had increasingly received hate messages from unknown people and that the vitriol was rising by the day.
"In recent weeks, this vitriol has been getting increasingly worse and over the last few days, I can report that I am a targeted man.
"I have been consistently followed during the day and at night by a saloon vehicle that I now know with four occupants. Yesterday, these men made an attempt on my life!" He continued.
"I have reported this attempt today at Parliament Police Station. I call upon the Inspector General of Police to immediately launch investigations into this issue and bring those behind these assassination attempts to book," he stated.
- Dangerous9 August 2020 - 12:05 pm
- Presidential Interaction9 August 2020 - 11:45 am
- tragedy9 August 2020 - 10:35 am
- The Truth9 August 2020 - 9:29 am
- 2022 Politics9 August 2020 - 8:46 am
- Shattering ceilings9 August 2020 - 7:49 am
- Commendable9 August 2020 - 7:28 am
- Troubled9 August 2020 - 7:14 am
- heavy hitter8 August 2020 - 7:58 pm
- in hindsight8 August 2020 - 7:32 pm
- changing lives8 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- emotional8 August 2020 - 5:57 pm