The World Bank on Monday, December 2, commended Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru over the implementation of projects funded under the Kenya Urban Support Program (KUSP).
Kerugoya-Kutus was among seven municipalities, out of 59 across the country, which met World Bank’s minimum KUSP grant conditions and qualified for a second-round donation.
Kenya News Agency reported that World Bank Urban Specialist, Davison Muchadenyika, who was on an implementation support mission to the county, was impressed by the progress of the first phase and promised continued partnership.
The first phase involved a grant of Ksh71.3 million that went into infrastructural projects that include cabro paving in Kutus, construction of Kerugoya fresh produce market shades and construction of a daycare centre for mothers working in the County’s Wezesha Mama Apparel Factory located in Kerugoya Town.
Muchadenyika finalized the assessment in preparation for the next disbursement.
On her part, Governor Waiguru revealed that such partnerships were important in achieving the development agenda of the county.
She added that her government was committed to continually improving the county’s infrastructure as an enabler to social-economic development and improved livelihoods of all residents.
KUSP Project Coordinator Engineer Victor Ogutu who was also part of the mission, appreciated the county’s good working relationship with Kerugoya market traders, stating that it made the implementation of the program run smoothly.
Kerugoya Open Air Market Chairman Samuel Mwangi told the delegation that the market had been of great benefit to the traders who, before, had to endure adverse weather conditions such as sun and rain.
- speaks out27 November 2020 - 2:56 pm
- be ready27 November 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Long Arm27 November 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Remarkable27 November 2020 - 2:20 pm
- green light27 November 2020 - 1:38 pm
- shoot out27 November 2020 - 12:46 pm
- Plan B27 November 2020 - 12:29 pm
- sad27 November 2020 - 11:31 am
- Am human27 November 2020 - 11:40 am
- Indiscipline27 November 2020 - 12:00 pm
- Reprive27 November 2020 - 10:02 am
- no way27 November 2020 - 9:48 am