On Sunday, December 8, multiple cars were involved in a road accident along Mombasa Road.
The crash is reported to have occurred near Green Park estate at Athi River.
From a clip shared on social media, a trailer, a smaller lorry and passenger bus are seen to have collided on the dual carriage highway.
Police and other rescue vehicles were already on-site to ensure traffic was progressing well.
It is not clear the number of casualties from the accident.
Drivers are advised to practice caution as they take to the road in the festive season especially with the wet conditions.
A report by the National Safety and Transport Authority (NTSA) shows that the number of people who have died on roads this year has surpassed those who perished in 2018.
According to the latest survey results, the country has lost 3,112 by 18th November compared to 2,727 who died in 2018.
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable with 1,201 having died.
Here is the video:
- Genius5 August 2020 - 3:42 pm
- family matters5 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- Surge5 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- adapting5 August 2020 - 2:41 pm
- fiery5 August 2020 - 2:54 pm
- time to upgrade5 August 2020 - 1:57 pm
- for life5 August 2020 - 1:37 pm
- Fruitless5 August 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Magnificent5 August 2020 - 12:41 pm
- striking gold5 August 2020 - 12:26 pm
- laudable5 August 2020 - 12:34 pm
- friend in need5 August 2020 - 11:47 am