A man was on Monday, December 9, 2019, mauled by a lion in Ong'ata Rongai, Kajiado County.
The victim, identified as Simon Kipkirui, who went missing on Friday, December 6, worked as a casual labourer in the area.
Kipkirui's employer found the lion feeding on his employee's remains.
"Some parts of his body were scattered on the ground. His employer tried to scare away the lion but it could not leave," Simon Tiret, the deceased brother narrated.
In a statement, Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS), urged the public to stay calm and not to venture out at night until the lion is captured.
"KWS is saddened by the tragic death of a gentleman who was killed by a lion on the southern periphery outside Nairobi National Park.
Our team of rangers including a Vet doctor are searching for the lion to locate, dart and remove it from there. We are reaching out to the family of the deceased with a view to visiting and consoling with them," read part of the statement.
Residents in the area are now calling for help, citing that the lion has killed over 30 dogs and livestock in the area.
"When we call the KWS authorities, they just lie to us that they will capture the lion but they have not so far," Philip Kulankash lamented.
- Imagethe little things4 April 2020 - 12:36 pm
- ImageNumbers4 April 2020 - 12:43 pm
- Imageuncertainty4 April 2020 - 11:32 am
- Imagea new song4 April 2020 - 11:10 am
- Imagetragic4 April 2020 - 10:44 am
- Imageracist?4 April 2020 - 9:43 am
- Imageextension4 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- ImageAchrivals4 April 2020 - 8:16 am
- Imagedisciplinary4 April 2020 - 8:30 am
- Imagenot again4 April 2020 - 8:42 am
- ImageI know you4 April 2020 - 7:44 am
- ImageListen4 April 2020 - 7:25 am