A man was on Monday, December 9, 2019, mauled by a lion in Ong'ata Rongai, Kajiado County.
The victim, identified as Simon Kipkirui, who went missing on Friday, December 6, worked as a casual labourer in the area.
Kipkirui's employer found the lion feeding on his employee's remains.
"Some parts of his body were scattered on the ground. His employer tried to scare away the lion but it could not leave," Simon Tiret, the deceased brother narrated.
In a statement, Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS), urged the public to stay calm and not to venture out at night until the lion is captured.
"KWS is saddened by the tragic death of a gentleman who was killed by a lion on the southern periphery outside Nairobi National Park.
Our team of rangers including a Vet doctor are searching for the lion to locate, dart and remove it from there. We are reaching out to the family of the deceased with a view to visiting and consoling with them," read part of the statement.
Residents in the area are now calling for help, citing that the lion has killed over 30 dogs and livestock in the area.
"When we call the KWS authorities, they just lie to us that they will capture the lion but they have not so far," Philip Kulankash lamented.death killed
- fresh info13 August 2022 - 10:54 am
- Rise to Power13 August 2022 - 11:04 am
- Blow13 August 2022 - 10:04 am
- Dominance13 August 2022 - 10:22 am
- Super Women13 August 2022 - 9:02 am
- Revealed13 August 2022 - 8:27 am
- SHOCKING13 August 2022 - 8:37 am
- Complicated13 August 2022 - 8:00 am
- On the spot13 August 2022 - 6:55 am
- missing12 August 2022 - 10:58 pm
- ACTION12 August 2022 - 11:06 pm
- Our stand12 August 2022 - 10:31 pm