A man was on Monday, December 9, 2019, mauled by a lion in Ong'ata Rongai, Kajiado County.
The victim, identified as Simon Kipkirui, who went missing on Friday, December 6, worked as a casual labourer in the area.
Kipkirui's employer found the lion feeding on his employee's remains.
"Some parts of his body were scattered on the ground. His employer tried to scare away the lion but it could not leave," Simon Tiret, the deceased brother narrated.
In a statement, Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS), urged the public to stay calm and not to venture out at night until the lion is captured.
"KWS is saddened by the tragic death of a gentleman who was killed by a lion on the southern periphery outside Nairobi National Park.
Our team of rangers including a Vet doctor are searching for the lion to locate, dart and remove it from there. We are reaching out to the family of the deceased with a view to visiting and consoling with them," read part of the statement.
Residents in the area are now calling for help, citing that the lion has killed over 30 dogs and livestock in the area.
"When we call the KWS authorities, they just lie to us that they will capture the lion but they have not so far," Philip Kulankash lamented.
- long time31 October 2020 - 7:53 pm
- latest report31 October 2020 - 6:18 pm
- medical appeal31 October 2020 - 6:30 pm
- defended31 October 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Brutal Encounter31 October 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Deep Pockets31 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- Not cool31 October 2020 - 3:25 pm
- dare you!31 October 2020 - 3:34 pm
- Details31 October 2020 - 2:21 pm
- newly built31 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- from me to you31 October 2020 - 1:22 pm
- Turn Around31 October 2020 - 12:09 pm