During the Vuma Festival on Thursday, December 12, a former Churchill Show comedian narrated how popular gospel musician Jimmy Gait changed his life.
Speaking to the crowd that had attended the concert, Patrick Karwimbo, who is now a radio presenter at Inooro FM, narrated that the gospel musician helped him kickstart his career.
Karwimbo disclosed that he had attended the show, when the musician asked for a volunteer who could perform one of his songs well.
Jimmy Gait was at the time offering an incentive for an outstanding performance from any of his fans.
"I had gone for Churchill Live show for an interview when I was selling motorbikes and I had a giveaway motorbike.
"I asked the fans to sing my song Huratiti and Karwimbo was in the crowd. The fans voted for him and hence he took to the podium," Jimmy told Kenyans.co.ke.
It is at this point that comedian Daniel Ndambuki, known to many as Churchill, noticed his talent and offered him a segment on the platform.
"He cracked a joke and Churchill noticed him and that's how he got the platform," Jimmy stated.
During the same event, the musician, who has for a long time been known as Jimmy Gait, recently changed his name to Mr Favour.
He stated that his decision was made in India, where he was undergoing treatment.
Kenyan doctors had recommended that he undergoes a throat operation after preliminary observation but doctors in India revealed he was suffering from hyperacidity.
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- destroyed1 October 2020 - 1:39 pm
- god's plan1 October 2020 - 12:37 pm
- making a living1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Nerve-wracking1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Alert1 October 2020 - 11:48 am
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 11:35 am
- unfortunate1 October 2020 - 10:47 am
- Exposed1 October 2020 - 10:44 am