Deputy President William Ruto on Friday, December 13, quoted the Bible while delivering a speech to the youth.
Ruto was had come from a church function at A.I.C Moi Boys High School, Kaplamai in Transzoia county, when he made a stop and engaged with the youth.
He was speaking on small and medium-sized enterprises when he urged those in business not to despise each other.
"It is our duty to ensure that small enterprise owners get the help they need so that the economy can grow.
"Let no one ridicule another person because of the kind of work that they do. If anyone ridicules your business, remind them that the deputy president was once a chicken seller," he stated as a crowd clapped for him.
Ruto added that economic development generated employment opportunities for the youth as well as stimulated growth in business.
He went ahead and urged the public to read a bible verse from the book of Zechariah 4:10 which reads, "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hand."
Further, Ruto urged leaders to unite and work together for a common goal.
"We must, therefore, accept to be shepherded by the teachings of the Bible, make every effort to live together in harmony, embrace our diversity, and glorify our identities," the DP stated.
- Power House29 September 2020 - 7:15 am
- blocked29 September 2020 - 7:20 am
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm