An executive editor from Nation Media Group was on Wednesday, December 11, appointed to the advisory board of the World Editors Forum (WEF).
The World News Publishing Focus indicated that Pamella Sittoni was among seven appointees announced by the board in a meeting held in Paris, France.
World Editors Forum President Warren Fernandez congratulated the editors for their appointments.
Further, he told the appointees that they had big shoes to fill.
“We are thrilled to have these distinguished editors join the board. They bring expertise and diversity and will add to our discussions on the challenges we face in the media.
“But given their experience in and commitment to journalism, I have no doubt they will add much to our deliberations on the way forward for the media,” he noted in a statement.
The World Editors Forum focuses on the future of quality journalism, newsroom transformation and defending and protecting press freedom.
Pamela was appointed the executive editor in charge of Daily Nation in January 2019.
She first joined NMG in 1993 left for Standard Group Limited and became managing editor in 2005, before moving to work as a communication specialist at the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Kenya.
Pamela made a comeback to NMG in 2012 and joined The East African's team.
- Power House29 September 2020 - 7:15 am
- blocked29 September 2020 - 7:20 am
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm