A German national who was reported missing on Tuesday, November 26, by his wife, was allegedly deported by immigration officials.
Daily Nation was first to report that Paul Topf, who was proclaimed missing by his wife Neema Nyawira, was deported by the Kenyan government on a request by Germany.
The publication spoke to Immigration officials who stated that the Ministry of Interior received written orders directing that Topf be deported.
“He was suspected to be dealing in some suspicious businesses here, the Kenyan government did some investigations on him but they did not get anything and so they handed him back to his government,” a source who sought anonymity told the publication.
Another official cited that the German government had requested help from Kenya to have him deported for crimes he had committed in the country.
He added that the German officials ordered him to present himself, and had refused.
In a report by Nyawira in November, she alleged that Topf had been picked by four men and a woman who claimed to be from the State Department of Immigration .
His wife added that she had been in communication with Topf's sister, who stated that he had arrived safely in Germany.
"On Monday, December 4, she called to inform me that Topf had landed safely in Germany. I am yet to understand why he is yet to reach me on phone,” Nyawira stated.
Media reports had claimed that detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations believed that Topf did not leave the country.
They stated that Topf's phone signal had been last tracked to Mwabao Village in Shimoni area, which is near the Kenyan - Tanzania border.
The detectives are reported to have contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to help investigate if Nyawira's claims were true while following other leads.
- Power House29 September 2020 - 7:15 am
- blocked29 September 2020 - 7:20 am
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm