President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday, January 13, sponsored a top KCPE candidate, who could not be admitted to school due to lack of school fees.
Esther Kaari, a candidate who scored 422 marks, had been drafted to join Nakuru Girls High School, was assisted by the president following a story by Citizen TV's Maryanne Nyambura on Friday, January 10.
"Immediately after the 9 pm news, we received a call from someone who said that the president would pay my daughter's school fees," Esther Kaari's mother told the media station on January 14, 2020.
She added that her daughter was always respectful to her elders and loved reading.
On her part, Kaari, who wants to be a cardiologist, expressed her gratitude to the president for helping her fulfill her dreams.
"I cannot express my happiness with words, the president should know that I am sincerely grateful for his help. I'm sincerely thankful, I don't know how to express myself further. May God bless him and may he always have that good heart," she thanked.
Further, Kaari stated that she was looking forward to meeting her teachers and making friends at her new school.
In a similar incident, MPs came to the aid of a boy who walked for 57km to report to secondary school.
George Ingatwa walked from his home in Nandi County in order to report to his new school, Kakamega High School, where he was admitted after scoring 390 marks.
Speaking to Citizen TV, Ingatwa's mother explained that she had no means to pay her son's school fees. His teacher helped her by putting a rubber stamp on a letter that her son was to give his high school principal on arrival.
His mother later gave the boy the letter and sent him off to Kakamega High School without any money for upkeep nor transport.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm