James Karanja Nyoro was on Friday, January 31 sworn in as the new Governor of Kiambu County following the impeachment of Ferdinand Waititu.
Kiambu Chief Magistrate Patriciah Gichohi was the Master of Ceremonies for the day and led proceedings.
High Court Judge John Oyiengo administered the oath of office at the ceremony attended by various leaders from Kiambu and beyond.
Nyoro swore to serve the people of Kiambu diligently and to do justice to all. He then signed the Certificate of Inauguration which was handed over to him by Oyiengo.
A beaming Nyoro held up the certificate as the large crowd cheered and sang.
Nyoro further committed himself to abiding by the Leadership and Integrity code in line with the Leadership and Integrity Act, signing a commitment document as an Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) officer looked on.
"I hereby commit myself to abide by the provisions of the code at all times," Nyoro declared.
He was issued with instruments of power including the county seal, county flag, the Constitution of Kenya and the County Governments act.
The Jubilee Party also issued a statement congratulating Nyoro on his assumption of office.
"Congratulations on your Swearing in James Nyoro," the message shared on the party's official social media pages read.
The ceremony proceeded smoothly a day after Nyoro's scheduled swearing-in on Thursday, January 30 failed to take off as Oyiengo noted that organizers of the ceremony had failed to comply with various constitutional provisions.
Watch a video of Nyoro being sworn in below courtesy of Inooro TV:
- it's a wrap22 January 2022 - 7:07 pm
- earthquake22 January 2022 - 5:43 pm
- Confusion22 January 2022 - 4:35 pm
- at large22 January 2022 - 3:27 pm
- fresh demands22 January 2022 - 2:42 pm
- Just for You22 January 2022 - 1:38 pm
- Politricks22 January 2022 - 1:50 pm
- Road Crash22 January 2022 - 1:27 pm
- coming clean22 January 2022 - 12:28 pm
- Explained22 January 2022 - 11:10 am
- coming back22 January 2022 - 11:04 am
- bow out22 January 2022 - 10:16 am