UPDATE: Two more people have been quarantined at the Kenyatta National Hospital after they landed at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) with a high fever.
One of the patients is reported to have come from Beijing via a Kenya Airways flight which he boarded in Dubai while the other arrived on Southern China Airlines from China.
These new cases come hours after a Kenyan student from China suspected to be infected with the deadly Coronavirus was admitted at the Coast General Hospital.
As first reported by the Daily Nation on Sunday, February 2, the student was admitted to the hospital's private wing.
The publication indicated that blood samples were taken from the student and sent to Nairobi for analysis.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Some of the common signs of the disease include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties.
In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Some forms of the virus can be transmitted from person to person, usually after close contact with an infected patient, for example, in a household, workplace, or health care center.
At the moment, there is no exact treatment for Coronavirus.
On January 31, 2020, WHO declared Coronavirus a global emergency.
- Can't Take it28 February 2021 - 7:00 pm
- worrying28 February 2021 - 6:24 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Surge28 February 2021 - 4:55 pm
- deja vu28 February 2021 - 4:30 pm
- wrangles28 February 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable28 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Filicide28 February 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Intervention28 February 2021 - 3:35 pm
- match day28 February 2021 - 3:10 pm
- Unruly28 February 2021 - 2:23 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 1:58 pm