Joseph Kipkurui from Burnt Forest emerged as the third winner of a three-bedroom apartment in the ongoing Safaricom Lipa na M-PESA promotion.
The 36-year-old father of two has been a security guard at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Burnt Forest for the last four years. He also works as a casual labourer at maize farms during the day to sustain his income.
He usually pays his chama contribution through the Lipa na M-PESA platform but had not been keen on the number of entries he accumulated.
“I made my contribution as per the usual and I received a call three days later from Safaricom that informed me that I had won the house,” he spoke.
Joseph resides at his father’s farm with his wife and two children and has nine siblings.
“The news of winning a house comes as a double blessing for me and my family, as a few weeks ago, my wife delivered a baby boy,” added Joseph.
Forty businesses, five from each of the eight regions across the country were also awarded with tuktuks, bringing the total number of businesses that have won tuktuks since the promotion’s commencement on January 8 to 80.
In addition, Safaricom has been awarding eight customers per minute with surprise cashbacks, one for every region. This is a reward for making payments through Lipa na M-PESA that has seen merchants receive 25 per cent of the Lipa na M-PESA transaction charges as cashback every night.
Sylvia Mulinge, chief customer officer at Safaricom, encouraged customers to use Lipa Na M-PESA as not only does it offer simplicity but also presents them with an opportunity to win the wide range of prizes on offer.
The promotion is scheduled to run until March 5, 2020. It is open to both customers and businesses who make and receive payments through Lipa Na M-PESA. Moreover, they will receive one entry per Ksh100 paid or received through the service.
Customers stand a chance to win one of three remaining three-bedroom apartments in the weekly draw. One customer in each of the eight regions will get to walk away with a tractor containing a plough and trailer in the grand draw at the promotion’s end.
Businesses accepting Lipa Na M-PESA also stand a chance to win 40 tuktuks, five each in the eight regions and in the grand draw, eight 12-tonne Fuso FI trucks, one in each of the regions.
Promotion entries can be checked by dialling *234*1*8#
The businesses that emerged as Tuktuk winners for each of the 8 regions are:
- ABDI DOLAL AGENCIES
- Albadi-Wamunyu Stock Point
- TAKBIR SERVICE STATION LTD
- DEK EXPRESS
- GARISSA NURSING HOME LIMITED
- Kirindine Bar
- Victoria Shopping Centre
- KK FILLING STATION 1
- SARAH WANJIKU WANGAI
- CAFE DE MIAMI
- John Muchiri Maina
- Santana Pub -Nakuru
- The Ark Optics
- ARKTECH ELECTRONICS VIA COOP BANK
- PRINCECAM ELECTRONICS
- KCB 162Y
- CHAP CHAP SOLUTION
- JOYLANEX HOTEL KEGONGA
- JOSEPH BUNDI BASWETI VIA COOP BANK
- White Rose Kisii
- SHIRAKU GRADIES
- BUCHENGE HARDWARE
- KAMUKUYWA HARDWARE STORES
- STAROO GEN SHOP
- Klub Santana
- AHADI PROFESSIONAL COUNSELLING CENTRE
- Brilliant Bar- Gathumbi
- VIRGINIA NYAMBURA MBUGUA1
- ASHMIL BUTCHERY-SERENGETI
- SOPHIA MUGURE WAIRIMU
- SACRA BAR AND RESTAURANT
- AL-MUADHAM STORE
- SHELL BONJE CAFETERIA
- DONLIGHTS ENTERPRISES1
- ABDALLAH MBARAK AHMED BASSADIKVIA COOP BANK
- STANOH LIQUOR BASE
- FAIRBURY BUTCHERY- MUI IMARA
- NURU PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT LTD
- GRACE CAFÉ 2
- MWAZ PHONE REPAIR
- estate wars23 September 2020 - 9:07 am
- Power play23 September 2020 - 8:34 am
- Commanded23 September 2020 - 8:28 am
- get out23 September 2020 - 7:24 am
- Embattled23 September 2020 - 7:21 am
- Take off22 September 2020 - 8:13 pm
- blame game22 September 2020 - 8:09 pm
- Tragic22 September 2020 - 7:50 pm
- home is best22 September 2020 - 7:02 pm
- More Donations22 September 2020 - 6:58 pm
- sold out22 September 2020 - 6:00 pm
- go thee well22 September 2020 - 5:50 pm