A 22-year-old woman, Faith Chepngetich Tonui, bore quadruplets (four babies) at Tenwek Mission Hospital in Bomet.
Chepngetich, a casual labourer at Silibwet Trading Centre, gave birth to two boys and two girls.
Despite every mother's joy after delivering a baby, the 22-year-old could not hide her disappointment after the babies were born prematurely.
According to a report on Thursday, February 13, by Citizen Digital, the babies weighed 1.4, 1.3, 1.2 and 1.1kgs.
“The mother is doing well, she can walk around without any complication, the challenge is in her diet, which we are working on,” a nurse told the publication.
The nurse added that the quadruplets would be put in an incubator for the next two months until they were fit to be discharged.
Chepngetich relayed her fears, stating that she would not be able to offset the huge medical bill that would incur.
“My husband is not employed, I have another child at home, we sometimes sleep on empty stomachs, now I don’t know," she complained.
In a different case from March 2019, a 28-year-old, Evelyn Namukhula, gave birth to five children at the Kakamega General Hospital, three girls and two boys through Cesarean Section.
Namukhula would later be moved to Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH), where, unfortunately, she died.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) chief executive - Dr Wilson Aruasa, later revealed that pulmonary embolism, a scenario in which a blood clot blocks a blood vessel in the lungs, could have caused of her untimely demise.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm