A British tourist is set to be deported after failing to show his travel documents on arrival at the Moi International Airport in Mombasa.
According to a report by Baraka FM, Gregory Charles is said to have arrived at the airport on Saturday, February 8, collected his luggage and walked out of the airport without showing the airport officials his passport.
In addition, the publication reported that Charles arrived at the airport at around 12:10 pm.
A court heard that after he disembarked, he did not pass by the immigration counter to fill in visa application forms.
In his ruling, Mombasa Resident Magistrate Vincent Adet, sentenced him to two months in jail or a fine of Ksh 10,000 before he could get expelled.
According to the Kenya Airports Authority, passengers arriving at the airport must pass through passport control desks and immigration counters.
"All passengers terminating their journey or making domestic connections must pass through passport control desks set up at arrival terminals.
"The visa fee structure is available at the immigration counters. An official receipt is issued for each transaction," read an excerpt from the authority's website.
Meanwhile, on Thursday, February 13, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i, ordered the deportation of the four Chinese nationals who were arrested over the caning of a Kenyan waiter.
The four were under investigation after a video of a Chinese chef caning a Kenyan waiter went viral on social media on Saturday, February 8.
The foreigners had been held at the Kilimani Police Station pending further investigation.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm