A building along the Sheikh Karume Road in Nairobi's central business district was on fire on the morning of Saturday, February 15.
A video seen by Kenyans.co.ke showed clouds of smoke emanating from the building located at the heart of the budding financial hub of Kenya's capital.
Members of the public who live in the building's first floor alerted the Nairobi City County fire department who arrived on the scene to try and contain the fire.ImageWaranga House along Sheikh Karume road when it was razed by fire on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
The fire reportedly started out at 6 a.m in the morning, and from around 6:35 a.m firefighters were engaged in efforts to put out the fire, which took several hours to contain.
The inferno reportedly razed down a hardware with a number of other stalls and stores catching fire.
The hardware had a lot of plastic equipment, lot of iron sheets, resulting in the emission of toxic fumes from the premises, which in turn made efforts by residents to rescue their properties even harder.
The fire resulted from one of the shops beside the hardware where welding was being done that morning. Sparks from the welding caught the plastics at the back of the hardware's store and the fire broke out.
No casualties were reported from the incident that claimed millions worth of property.ImageFirefighters put out a fire at the Waranga House along Sheikh Karume road on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm