A former GSU officer who hails from Kapkiamo hanged himself on Tuesday, February 18, leaving area residents in shock.
Mark Kirui, is said to have left a suicide note in which he claimed he had been unfairly dismissed from his work.
The former security officer intimated that his life had not been easy since he was sacked.The referenced media source is missing and needs to be re-embedded.
Kirui, who had served for 14 years, added that he lacked someone to talk to and help him cope with life.
"I am very sorry to the entire family and community at large for my demise.
"The reason behind this is that my brothers and sister stayed away from me. Life has been hard for me since I left the Kenya Police Service,” read Kirui's suicide note in part.
The deceased further accused Inspector General of Police Hilliary Mutyambai for not processing his benefits after he was dismissed.
Kirui's last wish was that his family takes care of his four children.
In recent times, suicide cases have become rampant. According to data by the World Health Organisation in 2016, 800,000 people kill themselves yearly, which means that in every 40 seconds, one person commits suicide.
The organisation further stated that suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-29-year-olds, with most of the affected living in the low and middle-income countries.
Some of the causes of suicide include; Failure of examinations, strained relationships, hard economic times or unemployment, social media bullying, depression and loneliness.
Below is a video courtesy of KBC;
- ImageTragic30 March 2020 - 8:52 pm
- Imagetrue or false?30 March 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Imagerestrain30 March 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageoblivious30 March 2020 - 7:27 pm
- Imagegoodies30 March 2020 - 7:29 pm
- Imagetimely30 March 2020 - 6:46 pm
- Imagehistoric30 March 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Imageout of stock?30 March 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Imagefed-up30 March 2020 - 4:25 pm
- ImageRed-line30 March 2020 - 4:32 pm
- ImageSurge30 March 2020 - 3:21 pm
- Imagethe law won30 March 2020 - 4:11 pm