The family of the late Sergeant Kipyegon Kenei was on Saturday, February 22, turned away at Chiromo Mortuary, where they had gone in the hope of seeing their kin's body.
Kenei, an AP officer attached to Deputy President William Ruto's office, was found dead on Thursday, February 20, in his Imara Daima house.
Citizen TV reported that the officer's body had been put under protection in the morgue.Father of slain officer, John Chesang (left) and a relative at their home in Nakuru on Friday, February 22.The Standard
Further, the station reported that the family would only be allowed to view the body on Monday, February 24.
Since the deceased had a bullet lodged in his head, forensic experts are expected to have a look at it and to establish whether it was suicide or murder.
Kenei's Imara Daima house had also been cordoned off to enable police to carry out their investigations.
The deceased, who was to record a statement in connection to the fake Ksh39 billion arms deal, has left behind a young family.
"The wife is too devastated to a point that she is not talking to anyone. The couple had two children, one who is only five days old. The two were to do a wedding in August," Kenei's father Mzee John Chesang told the media on Friday, February 21.
The family last saw him on Sunday, February 16, when he had gone to visit them in Nakuru County.
"When he went back to Nairobi, he called and assured that he had arrived safely but we tried to call him on Wednesday but his phone was not going through," Chesang continued.
They have urged the government to conduct speedy investigations regarding the incident.Police officers at the house of the late Sergeant Kipyegon Kenei, a police officer attached to Deputy President William Ruto's office, on Thursday, February 20, 2020
- ImageTragic30 March 2020 - 8:52 pm
- Imagetrue or false?30 March 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Imagerestrain30 March 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageoblivious30 March 2020 - 7:27 pm
- Imagegoodies30 March 2020 - 7:29 pm
- Imagetimely30 March 2020 - 6:46 pm
- Imagehistoric30 March 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Imageout of stock?30 March 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Imagefed-up30 March 2020 - 4:25 pm
- ImageRed-line30 March 2020 - 4:32 pm
- ImageSurge30 March 2020 - 3:21 pm
- Imagethe law won30 March 2020 - 4:11 pm