Five members suspected to be part of the Wakali Kwanza gang were on Wednesday evening, February 26, shot dead by the police.
The gang was shot after they carried out a revenge attack and injured 20 of the residents.
According to K24 Digital, the five are said to have been part of a 25-man gang armed with crude weapons, terrorising residents of Junda and Milango Saba areas of Kisauni, Mombasa County.A witness narrating events that led to a shoot-out on Wednesday evening, February 26 in Kisauni, Mombasa County.K24 Digital
"I saw the gang walking towards where I was and they had covered their face with a mask. So I started running and saw them stealing some of the fish that I had already deep-fried," one of the witnesses stated.
"Three of the men armed with pangas were threatening to use the weapons on me," another resident weighed in.
Additionally, area residents stated that the gang was on a revenge mission for one of their own, who had been killed by the villagers at Milango Saba area.
"Yesterday, a mob killed one of the thugs and we suspect that the gang was on a revenge mission," a resident reported.
Residents now want the police to intensify their patrol in the area.
The incident comes a week after seven suspected thugs were on Thursday, February 20, gunned down by police officers from the Special Service Unit (SSU) in Isinya, Kajiado County.
According to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), the suspects were felled at around 1.30 a.m. as they drove in a car.
Detectives allegedly asked them to stop but the driver defied the order, with one person firing at the officers sparking a shoot-out that left all seven individuals dead.
Below is a video courtesy of K24 Digital;
- ImageTragic30 March 2020 - 8:52 pm
- Imagetrue or false?30 March 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Imagerestrain30 March 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageoblivious30 March 2020 - 7:27 pm
- Imagegoodies30 March 2020 - 7:29 pm
- Imagetimely30 March 2020 - 6:46 pm
- Imagehistoric30 March 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Imageout of stock?30 March 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Imagefed-up30 March 2020 - 4:25 pm
- ImageRed-line30 March 2020 - 4:32 pm
- ImageSurge30 March 2020 - 3:21 pm
- Imagethe law won30 March 2020 - 4:11 pm