CCTV footage has emerged of a man believed to be Edward Okello, an engineer who was allegedly stabbed following a domestic squabble at their Nairobi's Umoja II Estate home.
Okello is seen walking out of a gate, bleeding profusely while clutching at his chest.
He seemed to be calling out for help from the neighbours before he collapsed outside his neighbour's house.An armed Kenya police officer steps out of a police car.File
His alleged girlfriend, Vigilance Shighi, follows him outside and tries to help him as neighbours and passers-by rush at the scene.
"I started screaming and shouting, asking other residents to come and help Edward. People rushed to the scene," Elmerida Kemuma, a neighbour told Citizen TV.
Okello succumbed to his injuries at the Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital where he was rushed in an ambulance.
In yet another video that emerged on Monday, May 11, Shighi, the prime suspect in the murder, narrated events that led to Okello's stabbing.
Shighi recounted that he and the boyfriend had an altercation, adding that she could not recall most of the details that led to the fatal stabbing.
"He beat me repeatedly, a woman will take anything to defend herself, I took a cup and threw it at him.
"As we were throwing stuff at each other...let me tell you the truth I swear before God, I don't know what happened next, all I know is that he beat me," Shighi narrated in a video that has since gone viral.
"I don't know what happened, I cook for him every day and do everything for him. I don't know, the knife was just there, all I know is that we were fighting," she added.
Below is the CCTV footage courtesy of Citizen TV;
- surrender12 August 2020 - 8:18 pm
- road carnage12 August 2020 - 8:14 pm
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm