Two people were killed on Monday, July 13, following a plane crash in Machakos County.
Citizen TV was the first to report that the Kenya Army aircraft, crashed at Kanyonga area in Masinga, Machakos County.
It was not immediately clear what caused the crash but an investigation has been launched into the matter.
A video seen by Kenyans.co.ke shows the wreckage of the military helicopter with a completely damaged cockpit and broken rotor blades.Wreckage of a military helicopter that crashed in Machakos County on Monday, July 13, 2020.
Police officers are seen securing the accident scene by trying to keep the curious onlookers away.
Kenya Air Force aircrafts are usually used by the military to ferry troops for emergencies, food, and other humanitarian help. They are also used to ferry senior government's officers.
The latest crash came barely a month after an AgustaWestland AW119 chopper registration number 5Y NPW on June 13, crashed at a farm in Kaithe Kithoka, Meru County.
Witnesses, at the time, stated that the plane might have developed mechanical problems, resulting in the crash.
The National Police Service (NPS) confirmed that there were two pilots and four passengers aboard who were taken to the Meru Level 5 Hospital.
The occupants, who included Eastern Regional Commissioner and his security team, were headed to Moyale for a joint security meeting with their North Eastern counterparts.
The plane was among the new choppers recently bought for the Police Airwing.Wreckage of a military helicopter that crashed in Machakos County on Monday, July 13, 2020.
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm