Two school boys who went missing in late July were on Thursday, August 6, found dead in a swamp in Limuru, Kiambu County.
13-year-old John Njenga Gathirimo and 10-year-old Kevin Kariuki Mwaura were last spotted near Impressive Gardens alongside a third boy. However, the two boys were not to be seen again.
"One of the boys took the flock of sheep home but the two were not seen until today," Samuel Kamau, a family member indicated.Police officers and citizens pictured outside Kasarani Police Station. Naomi Theuri reported that her father was missing at the station on May 18, 2020.File
Area chief Michael Kang'ethe told the media that two children who were playing near the riverbank reported that they had seen two bodies on the surface of the water.
"They ran back and reported their findings and when the villagers visited the site, they noted that the bodies were the two missing boys," Kang'ethe stated.
Police officers have now launched investigations on what could have caused the death of the children.
The incident came a month after bodies of two children (Alvina Mutheu and Henry Jacktone) were found hidden in the boot of a car at Athi River Police Station.
The children had been reported missing on June 11, 2020 and the Director of Criminal Investigations started probing the matter.
The bodies were discovered after a businessman went to collect his detained car and reported a foul smell emanating from the boot.
Chief Government Pathologist Johansen Oduor stated it was difficult to determine the exact cause of death due to the level of decomposition of the bodies.
Oduor stated that there were no visible injuries or fractured bones to suggest any kind of trauma.Alvina Mutheu and Henry Jacktone who had been reported missing on June 11, 2020
- bravo!23 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- turf wars23 September 2020 - 7:56 pm
- Baba Speaks23 September 2020 - 7:16 pm
- be warned23 September 2020 - 7:01 pm
- changes23 September 2020 - 6:44 pm
- road carnage23 September 2020 - 6:37 pm
- please23 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Pay Up23 September 2020 - 4:31 pm
- man of many firsts23 September 2020 - 4:57 pm
- disaster averted23 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Ruto's Reaction23 September 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Another one23 September 2020 - 3:28 pm