Former Belgut MP Wesley Kimngeno Rono passed on Saturday, October 17, while receiving treatment at Siloam Hospital in Kericho County.
His family confirmed that the veteran politician died after a short illness with the burial set for October 24, 2020.
Rono was the second MP having served between 1969 to 1974.
The current MP for Belgut Nelson Koech mourned the politician describing him as a great leader.Belgut MP Nelson Koech condoling with the family of the late veteran politician Wesley Rono on Saturday, October 17, 2020.
"I visited his family this morning at Masarian village, Kapsuser ward to register my condolences. We are grateful for the services he rendered our great constituency during his time," he posted on his social media.
Before he joined politics, Rono served as the Principal for Cheptenye Boys in Kericho County.
During the 1969 polls, he trounced Alfred Kiptaro Kerich who was the first elected leader of the area.
Kerich used to work as a court clerk at Kericho Law Courts and had studied up to Class 8 before he took the seat in 1963.
He however turned the tabled when he won the following elections in 1974 when he put Rono's performance record in question.
The next election cycle in 1979, saw Kerich beaten by Ayub Chepkwony who won after seeking the seat for three times and was made an Assistant Minister in former president Daniel Moi's government of 1979 to 1983.
- SPIKE26 November 2020 - 3:16 pm
- Amazing!26 November 2020 - 3:34 pm
- Take Note26 November 2020 - 2:57 pm
- changes26 November 2020 - 2:49 pm
- sad26 November 2020 - 2:04 pm
- We Are Out26 November 2020 - 2:02 pm
- new look26 November 2020 - 1:38 pm
- Growth!26 November 2020 - 1:49 pm
- cross fire26 November 2020 - 1:32 pm
- Strange26 November 2020 - 1:48 pm
- RIP26 November 2020 - 1:03 pm
- in dire need26 November 2020 - 12:47 pm