- Daily Nation
A Makueni Police boss, whose junior officer allegedly chopped off a lawyer's hand leading to his death, has been transferred.
A report by Citizen TV on Tuesday, October 20, indicated that the police boss, Francis Gichui, was moved from the region without indicating where exactly he was being transferred to.
The move came after Makueni residents threatened to impede Mashujaa Day Celebration in the area if the boss was not ejected.
The residents accused Gichui of attempting to cover up for his officer Nancy Njeri who is facing murder charges following the Wednesday, October 7, incident.Lawyer Onesmus Masaku who died on Sunday, October 18, after sustaining injuries when his hands were chopped off.File
It was alleged that officer Njeri chopped off lawyer Masaku's hand while defending herself from his attempt to rape her in his house. The matter is to be prosecuted in court with Njeri's charges amended after the lawyer's death a few days after the incident.
Confirming the transfer, Makueni County Commissioner Mohammed Maalim promised the residents that full force of the law would be applied in the matter.
It was reported that the deceased lawyer had invited the female officer to his house so he could introduce her to his girlfriend. The plot, allegedly, turned out to be a fabrication meant to lure the female officer to his house. A struggle is said to have ensued after the lawyer allegedly attempted to force himself on the officer.
Masaku succumbed to injuries at Kenyatta National Hospital on Sunday, October 18.
The prosecutor of the case revealed that the suspect would face murder charges.Man lying outside Makadara Law Courts in Nairobi after Collapsing moments to case hearing on Thursday, August 6, 2020.
- Higher Level24 November 2020 - 2:05 pm
- secret admirer24 November 2020 - 2:10 pm
- bounce back24 November 2020 - 1:33 pm
- R.I.P24 November 2020 - 1:40 pm
- gangsters paradise24 November 2020 - 1:25 pm
- another level24 November 2020 - 12:56 pm
- Shooting24 November 2020 - 12:06 pm
- Listen Here24 November 2020 - 11:33 am
- angered24 November 2020 - 11:24 am
- helping out24 November 2020 - 11:15 am
- Look out24 November 2020 - 10:29 am
- gold rush24 November 2020 - 10:13 am