A Nairobi man had the chance to present a gift to President Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday, October 23 at Pumwani, Nairobi.
President Uhuru Kenyatta stopped his motorcade from speeding away after he had concluded campaigning for the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).
Kenyatta pinpointed the man from the crowd and directed his aides from the Presidential Escort Unit (PEU) to allow the Nairobian to engage with him.
The youth presented a white shirt with the photo of Kenyatta and Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) leader imprinted on the front.President Uhuru Kenyatta showcases a t-shirt he received from a Nairobi man on Friday, October 23, 2020YouTube
The photo was one taken from the Wednesday, October 21 event in Kisii where the Head of State and Odinga received the BBI report.
"Trust in the process," a caption under the photo read. Kenyatta appreciated the gift and clutched it to his chest as the crowd wildly cheered on.
Earlier on, he played cagey with a section of the crowd which chanted the names of Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko and Deputy President William Ruto.
The crowd was reacting to his sentiments of bringing all leaders together to support the BBI report.
"My aim is to unite all leaders and bring them together. I will try to unify them but I am not sure whether I will manage," Kenyatta stated.
He also lauded Nairobi Metropolitan Services boss, General Mohamed Badi, for uplifting Nairobi County and refuted shortchanging Sonko.
“No one’s job has been snatched. We should work together to develop Nairobi. Let us all support Badi and help him do his work” Uhuru pleaded.
Watch Uhuru receive the gift
- kudos4 December 2020 - 8:14 pm
- get well soon4 December 2020 - 7:58 pm
- blow after blow4 December 2020 - 6:52 pm
- win big4 December 2020 - 6:13 pm
- rising cases4 December 2020 - 5:36 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 6:25 pm
- congratulations4 December 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Work & No Play4 December 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Early Christmas4 December 2020 - 3:41 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Quick exit4 December 2020 - 2:17 pm
- Hard Times4 December 2020 - 1:24 pm