A businessman in Kiambu County was on Thursday, November 19, buried under tight police security as two warring factions threatened to disrupt the funeral over land matters.
The officers oversaw the man's burial in a bid to shield the family from chaos emanating from land-related dispute.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the police engaged the villagers in running battles, fired shots in the air and lobbed teargas cannisters to disperse mourners who had gone to witness the burial.A stock image of a pistol and ammunition
According to the businessman's daughter, the family had received a court order allowing them to bury him on the controversial one month after his passing on.
"We came to bury our father who has stayed in the mortuary for one month. We went to court and received a court order because there have been rumours that we sold the land, but we have the title deed," she stated.
A different group of individuals objected to the burial, claiming that the the deceased had sold them the piece of land before his death.
"We want the government to help us solve this matter because the deceased sold the piece of land to a man called Peter Kiseru before his death. We previously won the case, but now the family says that they have a court order," a woman on the opposing side said.
Some of the villagers claimed the man had sold the land, and that it longer belong3d to him as claimed by the family.An undated photo of a casket being lowered into the ground.ammunition death gun
- SUDDEN Death26 September 2022 - 11:29 pm
- Tragic26 September 2022 - 7:00 pm
- Clearing the air26 September 2022 - 6:32 pm
- Closure26 September 2022 - 5:03 pm
- Final Verdict26 September 2022 - 3:53 pm
- Solutions26 September 2022 - 3:48 pm
- New venture26 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm