Kenya has recorded 89 new Covid-19 cases from2,789 tests conducted over the past 24 hours. The positivity rate now stands at 3.1 percent.
In a statement released on Sunday, May 16, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced that the cumulative numbers have risen to 165,465.
From the cases, 84 are Kenyans while 2 are foreigners. 42 are male and 44 are female. The youngest is a seven-month-old infant while the oldest is 96 years.
123 individuals recovered from Covid-19 over the past 24 hours, 65 from various health facilities countrywide while 58 from home-based and isolation care.
An ICU bed at a health facility in Kenya.FACEBOOK
Total recoveries now stand at 113,612 of which 82, 542 are from Home Based Care and Isolation while 31,070 are from various health facilities.
Unfortunately, 2 deaths have been reported in the last 24 hours, all on diverse dates within the last one month. Cumulative fatalities now stand at 3,003.
1,030 patients are admitted to various health facilities in the country while 4,815 are in home-based isolation and care. 109 are in the ICU - 22 of them being on ventilatory support and 70 on supplementary oxygen. 15 patients are on observation
Another 81 patients are separately on supplemental oxygen with 76 in general wards and five in High Dependency Units (HDU).fatal death
- One wish16 May 2022 - 8:57 am
- Consuming16 May 2022 - 7:58 am
- disclosed16 May 2022 - 7:16 am
- Exodus15 May 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Steady Rise15 May 2022 - 6:43 pm
- Race to 202215 May 2022 - 3:58 pm
- Iconic15 May 2022 - 7:36 pm
- Politics of Deceit15 May 2022 - 4:41 pm
- Foot Soldiers15 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- MIA15 May 2022 - 1:59 pm
- Forthright15 May 2022 - 3:22 pm
- Decision point15 May 2022 - 1:12 pm