- The Standard
ODM leader Raila Odinga on Wednesday, July 7, issued a statement with his beliefs on the future of Kenya.
The ODM leader who is yet to officially declare his interest in the 2022 Presidential Election, gave a highlight of what he believes the country needs most in order to progress.
Raila stated that he imagined a Kenya with a firm foundation for the rule of law and efficient government structures.ODM leader Raila Odinga addressing a press conference on Monday, November 23, 2020.
He also reiterated that the country needs a firm judiciary that delivers fast, fair and transparent justice.
Here is the full list of Raila's beliefs.
1. I imagine a country in which we begin with a firm foundation for the rule of law, resting on efficient government structures that can withstand all pressures.
2. We ensure a fair, efficient and transparent judiciary. Investors and citizens need assurance that when disputes arise, there will be a judiciary that will deliver fast, fair and transparent justice.
3. We continuously fight against corruption. It must be zero tolerance for complacency. Zero tolerance for corruption.
4. We invest in the prolonged stability of the nation.
5. We do more to promote social cohesion out of our ethnic and religious diversity. A house divided cannot stand.
6. We ensure massive investment in manpower development through universal access t the top-flight public education system. Trained manpower is the single most important factor determining whether we are competitive or not.
7. We go for a rigorous application of meritocracy. Once we train our youth, they must be hired purely o the basis of merit.
8. We pursue a low and transparent tax regime, backed by a clean and efficient public service running on a strong regulatory ad legal framework.
9. We continue the vision of making Kenya a regional transport, communication, business and diplomacy hub. With massive investment in air, maritime, rail and road transportation, we will position Kenya as a natural hub for multinational businesses in Africa.
10. We invest in higher-value-added industries and strong productivity instead of just consumption. Consumption of things we do no produce is not sustainable.
11. Continue investing in food security and an efficient public primary healthcare system.
12. We promote and finance innovativeness, entrepreneurship, teamwork, ad work ethic. Kenyans work hard, Hard work must be made to pay.
13. We enhance ongoing social protection measures with subsistence allowance for urban and rural poor.
14. End result: We make Kenya Africa's leading financial centre; a logistics, shipping and aviation hub; Africa's headquarter for global business, manufacturing and diplomacy. Jobs come. Upward social mobility comes for all. I believe it's possible.
Raila has been an avid critic of corruption in Kenya. The ODM leader vowed to jail leaders who stole from public coffers when elected to State House in the 2022 General Elections.
Speaking in Mvita on Saturday, July 3, the former Prime Minister claimed that some leaders steal millions of shillings from the taxpayer and donate the monies to churches, youth organizations and women groups.
Mr Odinga opined that some of the public servants in Kenya should be in Shimo la Tewa prison for the crimes they have committed against the Kenyan public.ODM leader Raila Odinga at an interview in 2018Filesteal corruption fight
- Eulogise6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Ultimatum6 October 2022 - 8:23 pm
- how it happened6 October 2022 - 7:58 pm
- Reprieve6 October 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Changes6 October 2022 - 7:18 pm
- His Take6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Sad6 October 2022 - 7:46 pm
- On The Spot6 October 2022 - 8:18 pm
- Tricks6 October 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Order!6 October 2022 - 6:08 pm
- Fistfight6 October 2022 - 5:32 pm
- Direction6 October 2022 - 5:15 pm