At least five individuals have been confirmed dead and six others critically injured following an accident that occurred on Thursday morning, July 8, in Nyambari area on the Nairobi – Nakuru highway.
Witnesses narrated that three individuals died on the spot while two others passed on as they were being ferried to a hospital.
Three of those who succumbed are men while two are women.A wreckage of a 14-seater matatu that was involved in an accident along the Nairobi – Nakuru highway on Thursday, July 8
The morning accident, which involved a lorry and two 14-seater matatus, was allegedly caused by poor visibility due to the foggy weather.
One of the Nissans reportedly had school children who all escaped unscathed.
Lari Police boss Stephen Kirui confirmed the accident and urged motorists to be extremely careful when plying along the route due to the foggy weather.
"We have launched investigations to establish what really happened," Kirui told the media.
In a separate accident that occurred on Thursday along the Mutarakwa- Mai Mahiu road, two individuals are reported to have died.
Meanwhile, another accident also happened near Kambiti at the Mango Market area which was caused by a stray motorcycle.
Luckily, all occupants are safe and sound.
Statistics from the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) indicate that more than 75 percent of road traffic casualties are economically productive young adults.
Unfortunately, buses and matatus are the vehicles most frequently involved in fatal crashes.Witnesses at the scene of an accident near Kambiti at the Mango market area on Thursday, July 8.dead accident died fatal crash
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm
- Terror25 September 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Defiant25 September 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Goodbye25 September 2022 - 4:23 pm
- Tragic25 September 2022 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed25 September 2022 - 3:05 pm
- Financial Security25 September 2022 - 2:40 pm
- Nothing But Prayer25 September 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Heartbreaking25 September 2022 - 1:39 pm