Citizen TV Presenter Jeff Koinange has opened up about being swindled by an international reggae artist who was visiting Nairobi.
Speaking during his morning radio show on Hot96 on Thursday, September 16, the award-winning journalist stated he did an event with the musician who belongs to a famous Jamaican reggae band but the payment never came through.
Jeff remarked that years after hosting the event for the Grammy-winning Jamaican reggae group, he was still waiting for his payment.
Amidst laughter, his fellow radio host Nick Odhiambo affirmed that Jeff even avoids listening to songs from the group since that ordeal.Citizen TV anchor Jeff Koinange on his Mercedes Benz G WagonFile
The consummate journalist and author accepted the fate stating that he had moved on.
Jeff, however, did not delve deeper to give more details of what the event he hosted with the group was all about and even when it happened.
"I don't they are coming to Kenya again, Jeff will be at the airport waiting for them. Call that Rastafarians," Nick reacted to the ordeal while laughing.
"It's all good brother, that is life," Jeff responded to Nick.
The group had also been meeting with local investors, claiming that they were planning to establish agriculture and hospitality businesses in Nairobi.
With their trademark meld of sweet, multi-part vocal harmonies, soulful melodies, and innovative roots rhythms, the international reggae band has been at the forefront of reggae music for over twenty years.
Jeff on the other hand has been hosting a lot of events both international and local.
He currently hosts a popular country music festival dubbed Country Roads which features musician Sir Elvis.Nick Odhiambo and Jeff Koinange in Hot 96 Radio
- Victory24 October 2021 - 4:14 pm
- details24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- HUNTED24 October 2021 - 5:11 pm
- ARRESTED24 October 2021 - 2:53 pm
- HEART DESIRE24 October 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Tragic24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- shots fired24 October 2021 - 1:29 pm
- Called Off24 October 2021 - 1:17 pm
- OPPORTUNITIES24 October 2021 - 2:56 pm
- At crossroads24 October 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Targeted24 October 2021 - 12:51 pm
- unfortunate24 October 2021 - 12:20 pm