Kenyan sprinter Ferdinand Omanyala has broken the national and continental records in the Men's 100m sprint.
Omanyala clocked 9.77seconds to break Kenya's 100m National record for the 5th time during the Kipchoge Keino world continental tour.
He finished second to American Trayvon Bromwel who clocked 9.75s at the Moi International Sports Center, Kasarani.
It is also a new African record after Omanyala also broke the 9.84 seconds record by South Africa's Akani Simbine.President Uhuru Joins In the Cheering Athletes at Kip Keino Classics at Moi International Stadium.: Twitter
President Uhuru Kenyatta was in the stands on Saturday, September 18 and cheered Omanyala as he set the two new records.
The Head of State watched the much-anticipated race that saw celebrated American sprinter, Justin Gatlin finish third after clocking 10:03s.
Earlier, Kenya's Noah Kibet stunned fans by winning the men's 800m. He clocked 1:44.97 ahead of Collins Kipruto who finished the race at 1:45.68.
Kenya's Under 20 champion, Celliphine Chespol won the women's steeplechase, clocking 9:30.57.
Olympic champion Faith Kipyegon also won the 1500m at the Kipchoge Keino world continental tour. World silver medallist Margaret Chelimo won the women’s 5000m race ahead of Eva Cherono and Lilian Kasai.
Philemon Kiplimo took victory in the men’s 10,000 m when he clocked 28:37.96 ahead of Rueben Longosiwa who came second in 28:38.97 as Geoffrey Kipchumba placed third 28:38.99.
The event held at the Moi International Sports Center, Kasarani attracted over 180 athletes from across the world.
President Kenyatta was accompanied by Sports CS Amina Mohammed and legendary Kenyan athlete Kipchoge Keino.President Uhuru Kenyatta Being Received By CS For Sport Amina Mohammed for Kip Keino Classic.: Twitter
- Daring Abroad28 November 2022 - 6:12 pm
- Caution28 November 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Breaking Ground28 November 2022 - 5:49 pm
- Clarification28 November 2022 - 4:20 pm
- Fish Goodies28 November 2022 - 4:11 pm
- Beware28 November 2022 - 3:48 pm
- Screeching Halt28 November 2022 - 2:14 pm
- Comeback28 November 2022 - 2:45 pm
- disclosed28 November 2022 - 3:33 pm
- Stalling28 November 2022 - 1:56 pm
- Relief28 November 2022 - 1:09 pm
- Flattered28 November 2022 - 1:09 pm