A top KCSE student who was on the verge of losing a highly coveted opportunity to study law at the University of Nairobi, has received help.
Caroline Wanjugu Mwangi scored an A- of 78 points in the KCSE 2020 exams and emerged among the top student's nationally.
The 17-year-old managed to secure admission in UoN School of Law in Parklands but her family couldn't raise the required fees.University Of Nairobi
Mwangi's mother reached out to Nominated Senator Isaac Mwaura and narrated the family's plight to the politician.
According to the mother, she struggled to cater for Mwangi and her four elder siblings and required financial assistance in order to ensure that her lastborn continues with her education.
Touched with their plight, Mwaura paid for the student's university fees. The politician also took time to ensure she was admitted at the university.
Mwaura added that the young girl's dream to become a judge would soon be realised.
"The young girl’s dream is to become a judge in future, in order to administer justice to the many people who are oppressed."
"We thank God for this and we shall continue to do even more in order to help more people get equal opportunity as we fulfill the mandate that He has given us," Mwaura stated.
Caroline's story mirrors Samuel Ouma from Kakamega County whose family struggled to raise fees to study education science in UoN. The student had resorted to crushing stones and burning charcoal in order to make ends meet and help the family.
Their plight caught the attention of a well-wisher who visited the family and pledged to cater for Ouma's first-year fees.An image of Teachers in a classroom with students in a secondary schoolFile
- OUTSHINE24 October 2021 - 6:41 pm
- tragic24 October 2021 - 5:41 pm
- details24 October 2021 - 6:13 pm
- Victory24 October 2021 - 4:14 pm
- details24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- HUNTED24 October 2021 - 5:11 pm
- ARRESTED24 October 2021 - 2:53 pm
- HEART DESIRE24 October 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Tragic24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- shots fired24 October 2021 - 1:29 pm
- Called Off24 October 2021 - 1:17 pm
- OPPORTUNITIES24 October 2021 - 2:56 pm