The United States has opened its doors to Kenyans in an Exchange Program that will benefit citizens in the two countries.
On Tuesday, October 5, the US embassy called on Kenyans in the agricultural sector to apply for the program under a joint partnership between the African Union and the United States Development of Agriculture.
The main reason behind the joint partnership is to ensure that countries under the Africa Union get food security and their economies thriving through the education of younger generations as agricultural scientists.
“African Union in partnership with the USDA Scientific Exchanges Program announces the Scientific Exchanges Program support for agricultural professionals,” the US embassy announced.A man attending to his farm
According to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the agricultural sector contributes close to 33 per cent of Kenya's Gross Domestic Product (GDP). This elaborates the extensive dependency of Kenyans in agriculture for survival, especially the common man.
According to the statement seen by Kenyans.co.ke, successful candidates will not only benefit themselves but their institution, country, the U.S host institution and the researchers by improving the agriculture systems globally.
They will be required to work in their home country for at least two years after completing the program.
Those interested to apply are required to meet the following criteria to be eligible for the program 2021/22:
1. Be a citizen of Kenya, which is under the African Union.
2. Good reading, writing and speaks in the English language.
3. Master’s degree or higher with at least two years of practical experience.
4. Working in a university, research or other scientific institution in Kenya.
5. Has to have self-motivation to continue working in one of the countries in AU for two years after returning from the US.
6. Researcher with an understanding or quick adaptability to US SPS.
7. Proposal related to the research topic
How To Apply
Eligible candidates are requested to fill out the application form on their website and submit using the official email. Those in the US can deliver to the USDA offices in Washington DC.
The following are the application requirements needed when submitting:
1. Paper application form
2. Program proposal and research action plan
3. Signed approval from applicant’s home institution.
4. Two letters of recommendation (academic and professional preferred).
5.Copies of diploma(s) for college/university degree(s) received.
6. Copy of passport identification page.
Additionally, applicants are notified to take note of the final date for the application, which is on October 10.A photo of the Kenyan passport (left) and the East African Community (EAC) passport (left).File
- Reacts17 May 2022 - 7:54 am
- Roles17 May 2022 - 7:13 am
- Humbled16 May 2022 - 7:16 pm
- Exit16 May 2022 - 5:38 pm
- Game on16 May 2022 - 6:28 pm
- Passionate16 May 2022 - 4:27 pm
- Uncertainty16 May 2022 - 3:26 pm
- A-Team16 May 2022 - 1:45 pm
- Declaration16 May 2022 - 1:26 pm
- Trial Phase16 May 2022 - 12:23 pm
- Remarkable16 May 2022 - 12:37 pm
- Forthright16 May 2022 - 12:19 pm