Kenyans interested in naming legendary elephants will have to part with Ksh2.5 million to participate in the exercise.
In a schedule released by the Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) on Thursday, November 3, it was revealed that naming upcoming tuskers will cost Ksh1 million.
According to KWS, the naming of newly born elephants will cost Ksh500,000.
The naming exercise is scheduled to take place on Friday, November 4.A herd of elephants grazing in Masai MaraKenyans.co.keJOHN MBATI
"Join us tomorrow, Friday 4th November 2022, for the Magical Kenya Tembo Naming Festival Fundraiser Dinner at Nairobi National Park, Club House," KWS stated.
KWS explained that the exercise will be used to raise funds to protect the animals that are currently facing challenges in accessing food given the ongoing drought.
"The effects of drought manifest in reduced water and forage availability, resulting in strained human-wildlife coexistence as wildlife and humans migrate in search of water.
"The Tembo Naming Festival’s aim is to provide a safe haven for our gentle giants through securing safe spaces, read the statement in part.
The festival was initiated by the ministry in 2021 in a bid to raise money for the conservancy
Last year, the ministry raised Ksh16.5 million in an event attended by individuals and corporates.
"This is certainly a great milestone for Kenya and this initiative will go a long way in ensuring that elephants are protected in Kenya not only for ourselves but also for the future generations," former Tourism CS Najib Balala stated.Former Tourism CS Najib Balala (third left) takes part in Elephant Collaring Exercise at Amboseli National Park.
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm