Most parents across the country struggle with medical bills when their children who are in secondary schools fall sick.
Unbeknownst to many, the Government of Kenya collaboratively with the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) provides health cover to students in secondary schools.
The medical scheme known as Edu Afya covers all students from Form One to Form Four who are in public institutions.A student in a classroom in KenyaUNICEF
Edu Afya offers both Out-patient and In-patient medical covers.
- You must be a student in public secondary school.
- Be registered by NHIF through NEMIS database -The National Education Management Information System (NEMIS) is web-based data management that keeps data of learners.
Once a student registers at the NEMIS database, the data is automatically shared with NHIF. An appointment is booked for the student to avail his/her biometrics.
Under Edu Afya, outpatient services are provided by a clinician/physician who is a licensed medical practitioner.
A student can be referred for a specialized outpatient service if need arises.
Specialized outpatient referrals include; renal and dialysis services, radiology, chronic ailments and cancer treatment.
Under dental cover a student will enjoy the following health benefits;
Dental X-ray services
All expenses related to eye treatment are covered in Edu- Afya. They include; consultation, eyes testing, prescription and any optical related accident.
In the event of demise of a patient, immediate family (next of kin) will receive a sum total of Ksh500,000
Inpatient services are done on a referral basis from the selected outpatient Health Care Provider.
All hospital accommodation charges are catered for as well as pre-hospitalization diagnostic services.
All fees rising from doctor and nursing chargers are also catered for as well as drugs prescribed.
In case there is need for rehabilitation, operation or radiological diagnostic, NHIF through Edu Afya will cater for everything.
Emergency rescue services are also accorded to all students under Edu Afya medical cover. This includes both air and road rescue services.
In an instance where a student needs specialized treatment overseas, NHIF will cover all costs arising including travel logistics.Kenyatta National Hospital.Kenyans.co.kedrug accident
- LIFETIME CHANCE7 December 2022 - 8:23 pm
- Ultimatum7 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Remarkable7 December 2022 - 7:46 pm
- PLEADING7 December 2022 - 7:15 pm
- REFORMS7 December 2022 - 7:23 pm
- Reprieve7 December 2022 - 6:12 pm
- Breathtaking7 December 2022 - 8:06 pm
- IN DEFENSE7 December 2022 - 6:00 pm
- Revealed7 December 2022 - 7:13 pm
- changes7 December 2022 - 5:33 pm
- Hustler7 December 2022 - 5:12 pm
- Alternative7 December 2022 - 7:33 pm