A Kirinyaga businessman who died on Thursday, November 24, under mysterious circumstances, was allegedly taken home by two youthful women who partied with him on Wednesday night.
While confirming the incident, Mwea West Sub-County Police Commander Wilson Koskei told Kenyans.co.ke that police suspect the 59-year-old was murdered.
Preliminary investigations suggested the women might have drugged the man with unidentified substances that eventually killed him.
“We suspect that the women drugged and, thereafter, robbed the victim. We have taken samples of the drinks they were taking at the man’s house for examination," Koskeire told the media earlier.Kenya police officers during a previous operation.Kenyans.co.ke
"We’re also waiting for a postmortem to reveal what exactly caused his death,” Mwea West police boss Wilson Koskei confirmed.
Kirinyaga police officers further told journalists that the businessman had, on Wednesday night, spent several hours at an entertainment joint in Kagio Town, where he was later joined by two women.
The trio enjoyed meals while taking alcohol before the man decided to leave for home in the company of the two women.
Police found his naked body lying on the bed on Thursday morning, November 24.
“We’re yet to trace the women that he was with,” Koskei added.
The businessman was one of the executive managers of the local bar owners association.
Bar owners raised concerns about the increased deaths attributed to drugging. They urged police to crack down on the syndicates.Inspector General of Police Japhet Koome appearing before a Parliamentary Committee on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.Filedrug died alcohol death murder killed suspect
- Whip Cracked26 January 2023 - 5:44 pm
- Surviving26 January 2023 - 6:06 pm
- Crisis26 January 2023 - 5:40 pm
- Beware26 January 2023 - 5:41 pm
- Hustler Tawala26 January 2023 - 6:12 pm
- ENCOURAGING26 January 2023 - 6:04 pm
- Scuffle26 January 2023 - 5:27 pm
- Against Odds26 January 2023 - 5:26 pm
- FACT CHECK26 January 2023 - 4:52 pm
- Explained26 January 2023 - 4:00 pm
- Bludgeon26 January 2023 - 4:30 pm
- Come Back26 January 2023 - 4:27 pm