A Kirinyaga businessman who died on Thursday, November 24, under mysterious circumstances, was allegedly taken home by two youthful women who partied with him on Wednesday night.
While confirming the incident, Mwea West Sub-County Police Commander Wilson Koskei told Kenyans.co.ke that police suspect the 59-year-old was murdered.
Preliminary investigations suggested the women might have drugged the man with unidentified substances that eventually killed him.
“We suspect that the women drugged and, thereafter, robbed the victim. We have taken samples of the drinks they were taking at the man’s house for examination," Koskeire told the media earlier.Kenya police officers during a previous operation.Kenyans.co.ke
"We’re also waiting for a postmortem to reveal what exactly caused his death,” Mwea West police boss Wilson Koskei confirmed.
Kirinyaga police officers further told journalists that the businessman had, on Wednesday night, spent several hours at an entertainment joint in Kagio Town, where he was later joined by two women.
The trio enjoyed meals while taking alcohol before the man decided to leave for home in the company of the two women.
Police found his naked body lying on the bed on Thursday morning, November 24.
“We’re yet to trace the women that he was with,” Koskei added.
The businessman was one of the executive managers of the local bar owners association.
Bar owners raised concerns about the increased deaths attributed to drugging. They urged police to crack down on the syndicates.Inspector General of Police Japhet Koome appearing before a Parliamentary Committee on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.Filedrug died alcohol death murder killed suspect
- CORRIDORS OF JUSTICE4 December 2022 - 7:34 pm
- Rescued4 December 2022 - 5:57 pm
- Lucky4 December 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Remarkable4 December 2022 - 6:30 pm
- Insecurity4 December 2022 - 5:32 pm
- Don't Try4 December 2022 - 5:41 pm
- Confidants4 December 2022 - 4:13 pm
- Firm4 December 2022 - 3:03 pm
- Uproar4 December 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Politics4 December 2022 - 2:52 pm
- BEWARE4 December 2022 - 4:56 pm
- Innovation4 December 2022 - 3:43 pm