The requirement for mobile money pins during Hustler Fund registration caused an uproar among Kenyans who raised concerns over the privacy of their personal data.
A search by Kenyans.co.ke revealed that the pin is required for security purposes, given the money is disbursed through mobile money.
According to Hustler Fund, the pin safeguards an account in case of any eventualities, such as the loss of sim cards or theft of mobile phones.
Additionally, through the pin, one can regain access to their account after replacing their sim cards that have been lost.Image of unidentified man using a phoneFile
"Your money is safe because your mobile money pin protects your Hustler Fund account.
"Once you replace your SIM card at your mobile network operator outlet, you will be able to access your Hustler Fund account using your current mobile money pin," read the statement in part.
Another reason the pin is required is that it helps the fund's management authenticate the owner of the phone when the money is disbursed.
However, it is indicated that data privacy rules are adhered to during the process.
Another security feature of the fund is that one cannot change or transfer the loan to another number.
"You can only register one number into the Hustler Fund, i.e., the customer can only opt-in once with a unique identifier as National ID.
"If you need to register another number, you will need to opt-out of the current line," read the statement in part.
A section of Kenyans wondered why there was a requirement to input mobile money pins, yet other credit facilities did not require the same.President William Ruto registering for the Hustler Fund on November 30, 2022.William Ruto
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm