The Interior and Coordination Ministry has said that 85 Kenyan youths who had joined the Al-Shabaab militia group have so far surrendered.
According to the Director of Communications Interior and Coordination ministry Mwenda Njoka the youths who have surrendered are undergoing rehabilitation at various centres across the country.
Hundreds of youths trained in Somalia are also believed to have sneaked back into the country and are hiding in Lamu, Malindi and Mombasa with the aim of launching attacks Citizen TV reports.
Njoka further says that even though the amnesty period expired two weeks ago anyone willing to surrender can still do so.
However the youths who joined the militia group voluntarily and have been preaching radicalization do not fall within the rehabilitation program.
Video By Citizen TV: [video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=46&v=h2xCdUmJcOA]
- breaking the bank10 July 2020 - 11:58 am
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am
- vacancies9 July 2020 - 7:35 pm