85 Kenyan Youths Surrender To Government After Leaving Al-Shabaab Militia Group
The Interior and Coordination Ministry has said that 85 Kenyan youths who had joined the Al-Shabaab militia group have so far surrendered.
According to the Director of Communications Interior and Coordination ministry Mwenda Njoka the youths who have surrendered are undergoing rehabilitation at various centres across the country.
Hundreds of youths trained in Somalia are also believed to have sneaked back into the country and are hiding in Lamu, Malindi and Mombasa with the aim of launching attacks Citizen TV reports.
Njoka further says that even though the amnesty period expired two weeks ago anyone willing to surrender can still do so.
However the youths who joined the militia group voluntarily and have been preaching radicalization do not fall within the rehabilitation program.
Video By Citizen TV: [video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=46&v=h2xCdUmJcOA]
- 15 December 2019 - 10:11 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:44 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:23 am
- 15 December 2019 - 8:19 am
- 15 December 2019 - 7:08 am
- 14 December 2019 - 8:55 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 8:32 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 8:09 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 6:52 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 7:45 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 6:36 pm