Chaos erupted on Tuesday evening at Wiper Party headquarters during a meeting held by the party leader, Kalonzo Musyoka.
Trouble started when word went round that Makueni Governor Kivutha Kibwana, who was being received in the Party, would be given direct nomination in the August 8 General Election.
A section of Wiper supporters who felt disgruntled with the claims went up in arms causing a fracas at the offices.
Armed with placards, the supporters protested against the reports declaring that they must hold democratic nominations in the region.
Musyoka, however, dismissed the claims assuring that no aspirant would be given direct nomination.
A week ago, Kibwana announced that he would fold up his Muungano Party and join the more popular Wiper in preparation for the upcoming polls.
- New Hit25 October 2020 - 8:11 pm
- Saddening25 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- Stranded25 October 2020 - 7:20 pm
- sneaky25 October 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Unfortunate25 October 2020 - 5:04 pm
- Fiery Ruto25 October 2020 - 4:14 pm
- Covid-19 Update25 October 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Enlighten25 October 2020 - 3:14 pm
- ticking time-bomb25 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Our Journey25 October 2020 - 2:40 pm
- road carnage25 October 2020 - 2:07 pm
- grisly25 October 2020 - 12:16 pm