Royal Media Services (RMS) owner, SK Macharia's son was on Monday arraigned in court following an accident he caused on Saturday morning in Nairobi.
Appearing before Senior Resident Magistrate Electra Rianyi, John Macharia was charged for disobeying traffic police orders when he was directed to blow into a breathalyser.
John, who crashed his expensive Porsche KCH 292K on November 26, along Waiyaki Way, was accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.
He pleaded guilty to the charges through his lawyer, Ian Maina.
He further urged the court to forgive him with his lawyer noting: “he is remorseful for his actions and did not know what was going on at the time. He has vowed not to repeat the offence”.
John, who did not appear in court, was slapped with a Sh25,000 fine.
The accident by the business mogul's son sparked interesting reaction on social media with Kenyans online focusing their attention on the Sh17 Million worth vehicle which was badly damaged after ramming into a Prado.
Here are the photos:
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm