Moi urged President Kenyatta to personally intervene and help restore security in the region which has experienced rampant attacks in the recent past.
At the same time, Moi urged leaders to desist from making provocative and divisive utterances, in a bid to pacify the region.
The Senator made the urgent request following the recent wave of killings orchestrated by armed bandits in Baringo and the neighbouring Elgeyo Marakwet.
Mr Moi rebuked the attacks specifically condemning the killing of two residents on Monday in Marigat area.
On Friday evening, a bus ferrying mourners was randomly shot at with several people sustaining injuries near Tot trading centre in the Elgeyo Marakwet.
This was followed by the killing of a Member of County Assembly and an MP aspirant at a pub in Marigat where they were ambushed by hooded gunmen armed with an AK47 rifle.
Later on Sunday, an elderly man was brutally hacked to death and his head chopped off and carted away in Kerio Valley.
- mysterious22 October 2020 - 6:02 pm
- updates22 October 2020 - 5:11 pm
- Last Minute Change22 October 2020 - 5:21 pm
- at last22 October 2020 - 4:51 pm
- notice22 October 2020 - 4:00 pm
- lanes22 October 2020 - 3:47 pm
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm