A chief in Migori was on Tuesday arrested preparing to set up his own electricity line.
Magungu Central Chief Zachary Odera was apprehended alongside two other unidentified persons in possession of electricity cables and conductors belonging to Kenya Power (KP).
Confirming the incident, South Nyanza Kenya Power official Peter Kithusia said that the three were caught sorting cables ready to connect to electricity lines.
Kithusia stated that they believed that the group was working together with other suspects said to be employees of the electricity distributor.
Mr Odera and his three accomplices were arraigned before Migori Principal Magistrate E.M Nyaga where they denied theft charges.
The trio was released on a Sh100,000 bond pending the hearing of the case on September 7.arrest suspect
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm