An Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) investigator yesterday outlined how former Nairobi County Chief Finance Officer Jimmy Kiamba and County secretary Lilian Ndegwa embezzled Sh20 Million in a year.
The EACC forensic and asset investigator, Tabu Luanga, told the anti-corruption court that the two stole the money by purporting that it was payment for stationery and computer accessories for Kiamba’s office.
The investigator presented cheques, payment vouchers and imprest warrants to the anti-corruption court indicating that none of them was stamped by the dispatcher department to authorise the transactions.
Kiamba and Ndegwa approved the cheques themselves and payments were made before required processes, incidents which Mr Luanga categorised as “irregular and fraudulent.”
The two are charged together with Regina Rotich, Stephen Osiro and Nancy Kiruri of defrauding the Nairobi County Government of millions of shillings.
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm