The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has responded to remarks by the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (CORD) that they will boycott the 2017 polls.
IEBC chairman Isaac Hassan has dismissed the boycott claims stating that elections are not a preserve of anybody, Citizen news reports.
In a report on The Star Hassan further said Odinga should feel free to boycott the 2017 elections.
Cord leader Raila Odinga is said to have warned during an interview on KTN that Cord would marshal supporters and members to boycott the 2017 polls if the present IEBC leadership and structures remain in place and the institution is not overhauled.
Hassan has called on politicians to stop blaming the electoral commission for their loss in elections and instead work hard to convince their electorate on why they should support them in the 2017 polls.
- Cushioned24 November 2020 - 8:24 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 8:11 pm
- masterplan24 November 2020 - 7:39 pm
- costly24 November 2020 - 7:27 pm
- tension24 November 2020 - 7:57 pm
- Caught on Tape24 November 2020 - 7:18 pm
- it is on!24 November 2020 - 6:57 pm
- Stuck24 November 2020 - 6:25 pm
- Dire24 November 2020 - 6:43 pm
- Cost Cutting24 November 2020 - 5:12 pm
- Surge24 November 2020 - 3:45 pm
- admission24 November 2020 - 3:49 pm