The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has released a list of counties that topped in the just concluded mass voter registration exercise.
Addressing the press on Tuesday, IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati announced that the body had recorded 3,782,089 new entries though the exercise was still going on in prisons and diaspora.
The electoral body did a breakdown of the numbers in terms counties, giving a list of top areas which led both in percentages and in actual figures.
When it comes to counties which recorded more than 100,000 new voters, Nairobi led the pack registering over 461,346 new voters.
Chebukati however, stated that these were not the final numbers since the prisoners and people in the diaspora were yet to be factored in.
The mass voter registration was to conclude on February 14 but was twice extended by the court to February 19 to allow more Kenyans to be enlisted.
IEBC was targeting to register an upper limit of 6 Million new voters.
Here is the list:
- mysterious22 October 2020 - 6:02 pm
- updates22 October 2020 - 5:11 pm
- Last Minute Change22 October 2020 - 5:21 pm
- at last22 October 2020 - 4:51 pm
- notice22 October 2020 - 4:00 pm
- lanes22 October 2020 - 3:47 pm
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm