President Uhuru Kenyatta’s party has unveiled new nomination fees for all aspiring Jubilee candidates while giving women a 50% discounts for the payments.
In the new structures issued by Jubilee Party Secretary-General Veronica Maina, aspiring Governors will part with Sh500, 000, while Senators, MPs and Woman-Reps will each pay Sh250,000, with MCAs being charged Sh50,000.
“All women, youth, and people with disabilities (PWD) shall pay half the amounts for the respective position. However, the 50% discount will not be extended to parliamentary women representative,” said Ms Maina.
Ms Maina also said that the deadline to receive nomination applications for the ruling coalition would be March 4.
“In order to comply with the timeline, this is to notify the membership of Jubilee Party that the deadline for receiving nomination applications is March 4, 2017,” she added.
Jubilee has also remained firm that the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) will conduct its nominations.
- New Hit25 October 2020 - 8:11 pm
- Saddening25 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- Stranded25 October 2020 - 7:20 pm
- sneaky25 October 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Unfortunate25 October 2020 - 5:04 pm
- Fiery Ruto25 October 2020 - 4:14 pm
- Covid-19 Update25 October 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Enlighten25 October 2020 - 3:14 pm
- ticking time-bomb25 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Our Journey25 October 2020 - 2:40 pm
- road carnage25 October 2020 - 2:07 pm
- grisly25 October 2020 - 12:16 pm