Pursuit of a stolen chicken led to the death of a man in Embu after a mob torched him for alleged theft.
According to reports, the suspect had stolen a chicken from one of the homes in Blue Valley Estate in Embu town, only for the chicken to escape his grasp.
He went after the chicken which was making a big racket as it ran around the compound, waking up the family he had stolen from.
The residents of the area who wary of increased chicken theft quickly responded to the alarm raised by the family and caught the thief, descending on him with kicks and crude weapons.
They then poured petrol on the suspect and set him ablaze.
Speaking to The Star, Embu West Acting Police Boss Terry Muchemi confirmed the incident, saying the police arrived at the scene and rescued the man who had sustained serious injuries.
Efforts to save his life proved futile and he died while being treated at Embu Level five Hospital.
She condemned the incident, asking residents to refrain from taking the law into their hands.
- hard times5 July 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am