Members of County Assemblies(MCAs) will continue to cater for their own transport after the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) chair Sarah Serem rejected demands from the members to be given car grants.
During a session at the second devolution conference in Kisumu, MCAs wanted to know why they were not being given car grants yet other government officials had them.
The discussion got heated after Serem stood to reject the MCAs demands arguing that car grants would translate to free gifts. She added that research done by SRC shows that Kenyans were against the idea of MCAs being given car grants.
County ministers also raised concerns over unequal allowances raising complaints of being denied house allowances unlike their bosses and junior colleagues.
Other leaders had to step in to calm down the county officials.
- Politics13 July 2020 - 7:53 am
- coming up13 July 2020 - 7:39 am
- it's time12 July 2020 - 8:03 pm
- next move?12 July 2020 - 7:28 pm
- Exposed12 July 2020 - 7:18 pm
- power games12 July 2020 - 5:47 pm
- marching band12 July 2020 - 5:33 pm
- Surge12 July 2020 - 5:23 pm
- Trailblazer12 July 2020 - 4:57 pm
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- skilled12 July 2020 - 4:17 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm