Confusion has emerged in Migori County after two gubernatorial aspirants in the ongoing ODM nominations were declared winners.
Former Minister Ochilo Ayacko, who is one of the top contenders in the race, was declared the winner and given a provisional certificate on Wednesday afternoon.
This came just a few hours after incumbent Governor Okoth Obado also claimed victory, a situation which has caused tension in the region.
According to the incumbent's camp, Obado garnered 110,142 votes against Ayacko's 59,449.
On his part, Ayacko claimed to have emerged the winner with a similar margin sparking confusion among the electorate.
However, the ODM Election Board later nullified the results.
Mr Ayacko had earlier obtained a court order blocking the announcement of the nomination results in the County claiming that the nominations were not handled in a fair manner.
The order indicated that the results had been nullified and any further announcement would be unlawful.
Three ODM returning officers together with their deputies have since resigned from the exercise.
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am
- Think Twice7 August 2020 - 9:52 am
- tragic7 August 2020 - 9:11 am