Confusion has emerged in Migori County after two gubernatorial aspirants in the ongoing ODM nominations were declared winners.
Former Minister Ochilo Ayacko, who is one of the top contenders in the race, was declared the winner and given a provisional certificate on Wednesday afternoon.
This came just a few hours after incumbent Governor Okoth Obado also claimed victory, a situation which has caused tension in the region.
According to the incumbent's camp, Obado garnered 110,142 votes against Ayacko's 59,449.
On his part, Ayacko claimed to have emerged the winner with a similar margin sparking confusion among the electorate.
However, the ODM Election Board later nullified the results.
Mr Ayacko had earlier obtained a court order blocking the announcement of the nomination results in the County claiming that the nominations were not handled in a fair manner.
The order indicated that the results had been nullified and any further announcement would be unlawful.
Three ODM returning officers together with their deputies have since resigned from the exercise.
- opportunities11 July 2020 - 12:56 pm
- lucky escape11 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- Spotted11 July 2020 - 12:45 pm
- good news11 July 2020 - 12:00 pm
- R.I.P11 July 2020 - 11:17 am
- heartless11 July 2020 - 10:44 am
- Justice?11 July 2020 - 10:14 am
- Reconciled11 July 2020 - 9:26 am
- turbulent times11 July 2020 - 9:00 am
- Tactical11 July 2020 - 7:57 am
- rip11 July 2020 - 7:29 am
- Tragedy11 July 2020 - 7:05 am