A man was on Wednesday arrested in Mombasa for pretending to be a beggar in two cities.
The individual, who was not named by the police, was nabbed in the company of a small child with a badly deformed face claiming that he needed money for the minor's medical bill.
It is alleged that the man has been collecting money for his own benefit and not for the child's hospital bill.
During the years he has been begging, the man reportedly made no attempts to help the boy.
At the time of his arrest, the phoney man had a carton with 'donations' from members of the public ranging from Sh5 coins to Sh100 notes.
The suspect had also narrated the boy's agony on a green manila paper to win sympathy from passersby.
Other reports indicate that the child, who seems to have been injured in an inferno, might not be his own.
Here are the photos:
- Listen Up24 January 2021 - 7:17 pm
- gridlock24 January 2021 - 6:10 pm
- Surge24 January 2021 - 4:35 pm
- expensive24 January 2021 - 5:02 pm
- Unfortunate24 January 2021 - 4:29 pm
- investing24 January 2021 - 5:28 pm
- Worrying24 January 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Not This Time24 January 2021 - 2:25 pm
- well-paying24 January 2021 - 2:41 pm
- Chaos24 January 2021 - 2:19 pm
- On the Spot24 January 2021 - 12:35 pm
- New Direction24 January 2021 - 1:02 pm