The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) on Tuesday afternoon seized four top of the range vehicles worth millions at the port of Mombasa.
The taxman nabbed the fuel guzzlers, which have an estimate value of Sh28 Million, hidden in a container carrying personal effects.
Among the vehicles seized in the operation were three Range Rover Sports model together with a Mercedes Benz saloon car.
This comes as the tax collector intensifies surveillance at the port to curb the rampant vehicle smuggling from overseas.
Late last year, three luxury vehicles, believed to have been brought in from the United Kingdom, were siezed in a similar manner, hidden within containers at Mombasa port.
The UK government had previously raised a red flag over operations at the Kenyan port, claiming that cartels were using it a transit point to smuggle posh vehicles stolen from Britain.
- ImageBright Side1 April 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Imagesad1 April 2020 - 12:22 pm
- ImageHeartwarming1 April 2020 - 11:39 am
- ImageWhere are they?1 April 2020 - 11:21 am
- Imagerebuke1 April 2020 - 10:30 am
- Imagebrighter days1 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am
- ImageMy Take1 April 2020 - 7:33 am